The information in this post specifically applies to a version of SG Miner available on the LTC Rabbit mining pool using AMD graphics cards to mine X11 coins. By following the instructions within, you can increase your hashrate on LTC Rabbit by almost double. In our tests we increased our average hashrate on an AMD HD7950 from 3.7Mh/s to an impressive 5.2Mh/s! Average GPU temperatures did of course increase as well. We saw temperatures climb from 63 celcius to 72 celcius with the increased hashrate. You can of course use the same version of SG Miner on other X11 mining pools as well, but you will need to obviously make the appropriate changes.
- Visit LTC Rabbit and create an account.
- Log in to your LTC Rabbit account.
- Click on Account/Worker and create a worker, set it as X11 algorithm.
- Download SGminer LTCRabbit V5 software & extract it.
- Go to the extracted folder "SGminer LTCRabbit V5", right click on file "config.conf" and click edit.
- Enter your individual worker credentials (such as "username.1") and save the file.
- Double click on "start_mining_ltcrabbit.bat" to start mining. It can take up to 1 minute when starting SGminer the first time.
- Note 1: If SGMiner does not start due to memory error, just restart it one or two times. It will work afterwards.
- Note 2: The miner is not running? Edit "config.conf" and remove the line "gpu-platform":"1". Double click on "start_mining_ltcrabbit.bat" and check if it's running correctly now.
- NOTE 2A: This step did not work for us. If you run into the same problem, do not remove the line "gpu-platform":"1". Instead change it to "gpu-platform":"0".
- Note 3: You run multiple GPUs, but only one GPU is detected? Edit "config.conf", move to line "device: 0" and add your GPUs, e.g. "device: 0,1,2".
- Enable the X11 boost algorithm by following these instructions:
- Close SGminer.
- Look in the SGminer directory.
- A file with the extension .bin (e.g. darkcoin-modTahitigw64l4ku0.bin) has been created by SGminer.
- Go to the folder named "wolf-optimized-X11-algos" and select the correct file depending on your GPU.
> pitcairn.bin: 7850, 7870, R9 270, R9 270X
> tahiti.bin: 7870XT, 7950, 7970, R9 280, R9 280X
> hawaii.bin: R9 290, R9 290X, R9 295x2
> capeverde.bin: 7730, 7750, 7770
- Copy the appropriate file for your GPU to the main directory of SGminer.
- Rename it to the name of the existing .bin file and delete the existing .bin file.
- Double click on "start_mining_ltcrabbit.bat" and watch your new and improved hashrate take off!
- LTC Rabbit
Optimized binaries from author Wolf0. Please contribute to his work by donating to his addresses.